Scale ModelWorld is the largest fine scale model show in the world, and takes place over two days every November. It is organised and run by the International Plastic Modellers’ Society, and uses all three halls of the International Centre in Telford. Click here for information on address, times, dates, ticket prices and advance ticket sales.
If you become an IPMS member before Scale ModelWorld, your membership includes free priority admission to both days of the show. This means you are allowed in before the general public, and do not need to queue to buy a ticket.
World Scale Show
- Unmatched in its size and diversity
- Attracts huge visitor numbers from all over the world
- Dedicated Overseas Area which hosts numerous traders and clubs from around the globe
- Over 160 traders
- Major manufacturers
- Often used by manufacturers to announce significant new releases
- The majority of the specialist book publishers, major model retailers and modelling magazines in the UK and Europe attend the show each year
UK Branches and Special Interest Groups
- Over 190 club and Special Interest Group displays
- Every imaginable genre and special interest in the modelling world represented
- Thousands of models on display
- 20+ clubs in the dedicated overseas exhibition area
- Many overseas traders
- Visitors to the show from all over the world
There are usually one or more special displays every year; details for 2019 to be confirmed.
Scale ModelWorld hosts the internationally renowned IPMS (UK) Annual Model Competition:
- Over 140 different classes and individual trophies
- Typically over 1,000 competition entries
- Any IPMS member from any IPMS affiliated country can enter the competition
- All visitors are welcome to view the models in the competition area
Scale ModelWorld boasts a truly massive Kit Swap , which grows in size and popularity every year, and allows IPMS members to sell surplus items. Members have priority access in the morning, but later in the day all are welcome to go in search of a bargain or that long-out-of-production-kit.
Give an Old Model a New Home
There will be tables at the Kit Swap entrance where old magazines, other modelling items and old models can be recycled in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care (www.mariecurie.org.uk), and we welcome any contributions to support this.
Make and Paint
Hall One will be hosting the Airfix Make & Paint for the young modellers, as in previous years. An ideal place to keep the younger (and some not so younger) modellers entertained.
There is usually a modelling demonstrations programme that showcases various modelling skills; details for 2019 to be confirmed.
A full range of IPMS(UK) souvenir merchandise will be on sale in the foyer, including Seam Scapers, t-shirts, polo shirts, badges, patches, stickers, mugs, lanyards and magazine back issues.
Manufacturers often use Scale ModelWorld as a platform to make a product announcements. Details for 2019 will appear nearer the event.
- Light refreshments, hot meals, hot and cold drinks and licensed bar are all available in the halls
- There are two hotels onsite and many others nearby
- FREE Wif-Fi at the venue
- FREE printed Show Guide
- FREE minibus service from the railway station to the venue
- Mobility scooters can be hired from the venue organisers
The IPMS(UK) Annual Dinner is held during Scale ModelWorld, details to appear in 2019.
As an idea of the events at Scale ModelWorld the timetable for 2018 is available as a PDF here. Please note timing and arrangements for 2019 may well differ from this.
Please come and soak up the truly international and vibrant atmosphere. We have always been known for the warm welcome given to new visitors and regulars alike. You will find that that time flies so fast that the two days are over in a flash, and you didn’t manage to get around half of the show, which is a good incentive to come again next year!