Scale ModelWorld is the largest fine scale model show in the world, and takes place over two days every November. It is organised and run by the International Plastic Modellers’ Society, and uses all three halls of the International Centre in Telford. Click here for information on address, times, dates, ticket prices and advance ticket sales.
If you become an IPMS member before Scale ModelWorld, your membership includes free priority admission to both days of the show. This means you are allowed in before the general public, and do not need to queue to buy a ticket.
World Scale Show
- Unmatched in its size and diversity
- Attracts huge visitor numbers from all over the world
- Dedicated Overseas Area which hosts numerous traders and clubs from around the globe
- Over 180 traders (click here for a list of Traders)
- Major manufacturers such as Airfix, Revell and Zoukei Mura
- Often used by manufacturers to announce significant new releases
- The majority of the specialist book publishers, major model retailers and modelling magazines in the UK and Europe attend the show each year
UK Branches and Special Interest Groups
- Over 170 club displays (click here for a list of Branches and here for SIGs)
- Every imaginable genre and special interest in the modelling world represented
- Thousands of models on display
- 20+ clubs in dedicated overseas exhibition area (click here for a list of overseas exhibitors)
- Many overseas traders
- Visitors to the show from all over the world
Scale ModelWorld hosts the internationally renowned IPMS (UK) Annual Model Competition:
- Over 140 different classes and individual trophies
- Typically over 1,000 competition entries
- Any IPMS member from any IPMS affiliated country can enter the competition
- All visitors are welcome to view the models in the competition area
Scale ModelWorld boasts a truly massive Kit Swap , which grows in size and popularity every year, and allows IPMS members to sell surplus items. Members have priority access in the morning, but later in the day all are welcome to go in search of a bargain or that long-out-of-production-kit.
Make and Paint
We expect Hall One to be hosting the Airfix Make & Paint for young modellers. An ideal place to keep the younger and some not so younger modellers entertained.
We hope to have a series of demonstrations of various modelling skills.
Light refreshments, hot meals, hot and cold drinks and licensed bar are all available in the halls. There are two hotels onsite and many others nearby. Click for information on catering, the venue, travel and accommodation .
Mobility scooters can be hired from the venue organisers.
The Sunday of Scale ModelWorld usually coincides with Remembrance Sunday, and we are hoping to have a bugler play ‘The Last Post’ and ‘The Rouse’ as in previous years. Please join us in observing a two minute silence in honour of the Fallen at 11:00am.
As an idea of what the timetable for Scale ModelWorld looks like, the 2016 timetable is available as a PDF here. Please note 2017 timings are almost bound to change.
Please come and soak up the truly international and vibrant atmosphere. We have always been known for the warm welcome given to new visitors and regulars alike. You will find that that time flies so fast that the two days are over in a flash, and you didn’t manage to get around half of the show, which is a good incentive to come again next year!