Scale ModelWorld is the largest fine scale model show in the world, and takes place over two days every November. It is organised and run by the International Plastic Modellers’ Society, and uses all three halls of the International Centre in Telford. Click here for information on address, times, dates, ticket prices and advance ticket sales.
If you become an IPMS member before Scale ModelWorld, your membership includes free priority admission to both days of the show. This means you are allowed in before the general public, and do not need to queue to buy a ticket.
World Scale Show
- Unmatched in its size and diversity
- Attracts huge visitor numbers from all over the world
- Dedicated Overseas Area which hosts numerous traders and clubs from around the globe
- Over 160 traders (click here for a list of traders)
- Major manufacturers such as Airfix, Revell, Kinetic, Meng, Special Hobby and Zoukei Mura
- Often used by manufacturers to announce significant new releases
- The majority of the specialist book publishers, major model retailers and modelling magazines in the UK and Europe attend the show each year
UK Branches and Special Interest Groups
- Over 170 club displays (click here for a list of Branches and here for SIGs)
- Every imaginable genre and special interest in the modelling world represented
- Thousands of models on display
- 20+ clubs in the dedicated overseas exhibition area (click here for a list of overseas exhibitors)
- Many overseas traders
- Visitors to the show from all over the world
The main display for 2017 is the 70th anniversary of The United States Air Force, being coordinated by the USAF SIG in Hall Three.
Scale ModelWorld hosts the internationally renowned IPMS (UK) Annual Model Competition:
- Over 140 different classes and individual trophies
- Typically over 1,000 competition entries
- Any IPMS member from any IPMS affiliated country can enter the competition
- All visitors are welcome to view the models in the competition area
Scale ModelWorld boasts a truly massive Kit Swap , which grows in size and popularity every year, and allows IPMS members to sell surplus items. Members have priority access in the morning, but later in the day all are welcome to go in search of a bargain or that long-out-of-production-kit.
Give an Old Model a New Home
There will be tables at the Kit Swap entrance where old magazines, other modelling items and old models can be recycled in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care (www.mariecurie.org.uk), and we welcome any contributions to support this.
AIRFIX Make and Paint
Hall One will be hosting the Airfix Make & Paint for young modellers. An ideal place to keep the younger and some not so younger modellers entertained.
We are delighted to announce the return of a modelling demonstrations programme that showcases various modelling skills. For 2017, Bob Brown and John Adams, amongst others, will be demonstrating their skills in Hall Three.
Light refreshments, hot meals, hot and cold drinks and licensed bar are all available in the halls. There are two hotels onsite and many others nearby. Click for information on catering, the venue, travel and accommodation .
Mobility scooters can be hired from the venue organisers, click here to contact them.
The Saturday of Scale ModelWorld 2017 is November 11th, and we shall be observing two minutes’ silence in honour of the Fallen at 11:00am.
On Remembrance Sunday we are hoping to have Sqn Ldr Dyson play ‘The Last Post’ and ‘The Rouse’ as in previous years, and we invite you to join us in observing a two minute silence.
There will also be a Remembrance Day Service in the conference room off the Ludlow Concourse at 11:15am on the Sunday, more information here
The IPMS(UK) Annual Dinner is held during Scale ModelWorld. The menu and booking information is available here
The Scale ModelWorld 2017 timetable is available as a PDF here. Please note the timings are almost bound to change.
Please come and soak up the truly international and vibrant atmosphere. We have always been known for the warm welcome given to new visitors and regulars alike. You will find that that time flies so fast that the two days are over in a flash, and you didn’t manage to get around half of the show, which is a good incentive to come again next year!