IPMS(UK) SEAM TOOLS #1 AND #2
- Want to remove seams from gun barrels?
- Reinstate right angles?
- Smooth down fuselage joint lines?
- Remove seams from inside complex engine intakes?
- Smooth awkward mould lines under wheel arches on vehicles?
- Reinstate internal corners?
- Access hard-to-reach imperfections?
Then these are the tools for you!
You may have seen this sort of tool before, but these have been designed and manufactured in the UK to our own specification, using 0.25mm stainless steel. The metal is robust enough and the edge sharp enough to gently scrape away an offending seam whilst minimising the risk of damage to the curved or angled kit parts.
The tools have a flat metal profile and each edge is profiled, incorporating a series of different radius curves along with several commonly used angles. Using the appropriate curve or angle, you can smooth off seam lines and joint lines on plastic models without damaging the existing curvature of the parts.
Seam Tool #1 having proved to be extremely popular with Society members, we produced a second item to add to your tool kit. Seam Tool #2 also initially sold out very quickly, but we now have additional stocks of both items!
Ways to order
Seam Tools are available from the IPMS Membership stand at various shows around the UK, priced at just £5 for Tool #1 and £6 for Tool #2.
It is also possible to purchase via mail order by sending a cheque made payable to IPMS(UK) to the Publicity Officer at 5 Ashlands, Lea Road, Hixon, Staffs ST18 0NQ. Prices are:
- Seam Tool #1 delivered to a UK address – £6
- Seam Tool #1 delivered to a European Union address – £7
- Seam Tool #1 delivered to a rest of the world address – £8
- Seam Tool #2 delivered to a UK address – £7
- Seam Tool #2 delivered to a European Union address – £8
- Seam Tool #2 delivered to a rest of the world address – £9
Seam Tools will also soon be available online, with payment via PayPal, credit card or debit card.